Monday, March 7, 2022

Doomed Fate 3.1

 

LOTR Part 3: Flight to the Ford (easy mode)

Heroes:

Campaign Pool:

Aragorn (Le)

Pippin (Lo)

Sam Gamgee (Le)

Frodo Baggins (Fe)

 

Gildor Inglorion (boon)

Noble Hero (boon), Frodo Baggins

Gandalf’s Delay (burden)

Deck

Allies (26):

Attachments (13):

Events (11):

x3 Bill the Pony (Le)

x3 Dunedain Watcher (Le)

x2 Faramir (Le)

x3 Guard of the Citadel (Le)

x2 Orophin (Le)

x2 Silverlode Archer (Le)

x2 Snowborn Scout (Le)

x1 Daughter of Nimrodel (Lo)

x1 Henamarth Riversong (Lo)

x1 Miner of the Iron Hills (Lo)

x3 Wandering Ent (Lo)

x3 Gandalf

x1 Celebrian's Stone (Le)

x2 Heir of Mardil (Le)

x2 Steward of Gondor (Le)

x3 Fast Hitch (Lo)

x1 Forest Snare (Lo)

x2 Protector of Lorien (Lo)

x2 Self Preservation (Lo)

x1 Common Cause (Le)

x2 Ever Vigilant (Le)

x2 Sneak Attack (Le)

x1 Lore of Imladris (Lo)

x2 Secret Paths (Lo)

x3 Frodo's Intuition (Fe)

Turn 0

Allies

--

+ The One Ring (Frodo)

+ Noble Hero (Frodo)

+ An Evil Wound (Frodo)

Attachments

--

Threat

3 / 26, RBL: 15

Engaged Enemies

--

Location Log

--

Turn 1

Allies

+ Wandering Ent

+ Bill the Pony

+ Orophin

*ET: Piercing Cry

*Fell Rider engages party.

 

 

Attachments

--

Threat

3 / 26, RBL: 15

Engaged Enemies

--

Location Log

--

Turn 2

Allies

+ Silverlode Archer

*EE: Ringwraith

*Frodo uses the Ring to re-draw

*ET: Pale Blade, Fell Rider (3)

*EL: The Old Road

*Fell Rider (3) return to SA.

Attachments

+ Protector of Lorien

Threat

3 / 27, RBL: 13

Engaged Enemies

Fell Rider (3)

Location Log

>> The Old Road

Turn 3

Allies

--

*EL: Ettenmoors

*Party engages Fell Rider (3)

*Fell Rider (3) defeats Silverode Archer

*Party defeats Fell Rider (3)

Attachments

+ Fast Hitch, Sam

Threat

5 / 28, RBL: 11

Engaged Enemies

--

Location Log

The Old Road

Turn 4

Allies

+ Faramir

*EE: Fell Rider

*Frodo uses the Ring to re-draw.

*ET: The Nine are Abroad

*ET: Rode Like a Gale

*EL: Ettenmoors

*Party engages Fell Rider

*Fell Rider defeats Bill the Pony

Attachments

--

Threat

5 / 29, RBL: 9

Engaged Enemies

--

Location Log

The Old Road

Turn 5

Allies

--

*EE: Ringwraith

*Party engages Ringwraith

*Party defeats Fell Rider (5)

Attachments

+ Fast Hitch, Pippin

Threat

5 / 30, RBL: 8

Engaged Enemies

Fell Rider (5)

Location Log

The Old Road >> Ettenmoors

Turn 6

Allies

--

*EL: The Old Road

 

Attachments

--

Threat

3 / 31, RBL: 7

Engaged Enemies

Ringwraith

Location Log

Ettenmoors >> The Old Road

Turn 7

Allies

+ Orophin

*ET: Stricken Dumb

*ET: Stricken Dumb (fuck)

*ET: Pain Assailed Him (fuckity fuck)

*Burden: Panicked

*Ringwraith defeats Orophin

*Party defeats Ringwraith

Attachments

--

Threat

3 / 32, RBL: 4

Engaged Enemies

Ringwraith (3)

Location Log

The Old Road >> The Last Bridge

Turn 8

Allies

+ Orophim

+ Gandalf

*EE: Fell Rider

+++QC 1 Complete+++

*SA: + The Witch-King

*SA: + Ford of Bruinen

EE: Ringwraith

*Party engages the Witch-King

*Fell Rider engages party

*The Witch-King defeats Orophin

*Fell Rider defeats Wandering Ent

Attachments

--

Threat

2 / 36. RBL: 2

Engaged Enemies

--

Location Log

The Last Bridge >> Ford of Bruinen

Turn 9

Allies

+ Orophin

*EL: The Old Road

*The Witch-King is discarded

*Fell Rider (1) is discarded

*Ringwraith defeats Pippin

*The Ring-Bearer’s life reaches 0; Frodo is defeated.

Attachments

--

Threat

5 / 37, RB: 1

Engaged Enemies

The Witch-King

Fell Rider (1)

Location Log

Ford of Bruinen >> The Old Road

DEFEAT

 

After a long journey, Frodo dies before getting to Rivendell. At least I made it to turn 9, but I still needed 10 more progress tokens on my current Quest Card to have won.

What went wrong? For starters, it felt like I had very bad luck with treachery cards. This was especially true on turn 7, when I kept drawing more encounter cards all to prevent Frodo taking extra damage, but he ended up getting the extra damage anyway. I have played this scenario before, and I don’t remember so much Nazgul fighting right off the bat like I did here. I think a Tactics deck would have done better here, but with Campaign Mode active, this is not a good option.

I also got going way to slow. This quest is a race, and I focused so much attention on the enemies I didn’t quest very far in the beginning. I feel like next time I should try to be less conservative with committed characters to the quest… although it’s hard to say if that would have helped here, since I did have so many Nazgul at play.

Hopefully next time will bring more luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Doomed Fate 7.4: The Uruk-Hai

I broke down and opened my remaining Saga expansions to increase my card pool. With this, I also replaced Eomer with Treebeard, as he is the...